Arlington, VA—Today’s students are surrounded by so many different sources of information and media, that it can overwhelming. As part of its ongoing efforts to promote student journalism and civic engagement, PBS NewsHour Extra is pleased to announce its newly updated media literacy curriculum. The curriculum is designed to help students critically evaluate media and information in its broadest sense; …. Read more http://namle.net/2012/04/06/pbs-newshour-extra-develops-media-literacy-curriculum/
Leave a Reply
Join the GMLP listserv!
To subscribe, send an email to Majordomo@lists.umsl.edu and in the body of the email type subscribe gmlp.
- Providing Journalists a Better Place to Grow Up January 29, 2014
- Why Media Literacy is Important – 2013 Guest Contributors December 31, 2013
- Understanding America via Media Literacy: A Chinese Student’s View December 31, 2013
- Inclusion, Acceptance and Equality December 31, 2013
- Careers in Media Literacy (2010) March 11, 2010
- Webster University Hosts Comic Book Conference on March 27 March 10, 2010
- Rewind, Disconnect… and Fast Forward! January 22, 2011
- Media Literacy: Critical Thinking for the Information Age – A report from the 2010 Midwest Educational Technology Conference February 11, 2010
- Rebecca: There is a website at http://CyberCitizen.org that...
- Amanda Cook: Great article, Suzanne! Going to repost for all m...
- Dale Fanetti: Great article by Suzanne Corbett and I concur that...
- lori: Will you be offering this course again?...
Alan Kay Andrew Smith Art Silverblatt Cable in the Classroom Copyright Copyright and Fair Use in Media Literacy Education Digital Literacy digital storytelling Don Corrigan Don Marsh Eric Meyer fair use Frank Baker Frank Gallagher Generation M GMLP GMLP Media Literacy Week GMLP Member News GMLP ML Week Guest Contributors Jessica Z. Brown Jill Falk journalism and media literacy Kaiser Family Foundation KETC/Channel 9 Lindenwood University LUTV Marshall McLuhan Media Ecology Association Media Education Foundation Media Literacy media literacy and citizenship education Media Literacy Clearinghouse media literacy education media literacy standards Media Literacy Week METC NAMLE Paul Guzzardo Richard Beach Sr. Rose Pacatte St. Louis Journalism Review St. Louis University The Juice Box the Kaiser Family Foundation Walter J. Ong